This course is designed for all personnel who are required to travel by boat to and from an offshore installation. The program, which is offered as a stand-alone course or as an additional module to the BOSIET, T-BOSIET, FOET and T-FOET courses, covers the necessary theoretical & practical exercises on:
General Course Objectives:
- Preparation prior to traveling,
- Awareness of the risks to which they are exposed and how they are managed
An understanding of the essential safety rules with which they must comply and how to act in an emergency
- Traveling to and from an offshore installation,
- Responding to boat emergencies as well as a practical assessment of transfer between a simulated boat deck and a simulated fixed installation deck using swing ropes.
During the course delegates will gain a basic level of understanding and awareness of safety and emergency procedures associated with traveling by boat and safely transferring to or from an offshore installation.
- Pre-Boarding procedures
- Restricted Items when Traveling by Boat
- Traveling by Boat Safely
- Life Saving Appliances
- Safe Disembarkation
- Methods of Transfer: Swing Rope / Crew Basket / FROG
- Hazards Involved in Transfers
- Boat Emergencies
- Practical Boat Transfer Exercises
Valid medical certificate. The Travel Safely by Boat course should be attended during or after a T-BOSIET
course. It is standard for Samson Tiara to include it as part of the above courses unless otherwise requested.