IMIST (International Minimum Industry Safety Training) is an OPITO standard which supports the global Oil and Gas Industry to meet safety initiative targets.
- IMIST has been developed to provide a new global standard for Health and Safety training, which will provide a comprehensive and consistent level of training across the world and enhance work force safety and compliance.
- The IMIST standard ensures that workers have the necessary safety awareness and training to reduce risk and ultimately reduce the number of incidents.
- Significant cost savings and ease of recruitment are also expected, as IMIST will reduce the need to continually repeat and duplicate training.
IMIST online is an interactive e-Learning training programme that works by assessing the safety knowledge of an oil and gas worker during a random sequence of assessment questions. At the end of this assessment, which is completed under time-bound conditions, the programme will automatically and dynamically assemble a unique course for each individual based on their knowledge gaps identified in the pre-assessment. The candidate is then presented with this content and the relevant summative assessment questions. This process is repeated until the candidate has managed to answer all the assessment questions correctly. A 100% pass mark is required to complete the IMIST programme.
- Introduction to the Hazardous Environment
- Working Safely
- Understanding the Risk Assessment Process
- Tasks that Require a Permit to Work
- Personal Responsibility in Maintaining Asset Integrity
- Using Manual Handling Techniques Every Day
- Controlling the Use of Hazardous Substances
- Knowledge and Processes of Working at Height