The survival of an offshore worker can depend on their knowledge of what to do in an emergency and how to prevent an emergency from occurring.
This course trains the worker to prevent emergencies and to respond to emergency situations, which may occur when working on an offshore installation. This course is designed for persons working on offshore installations in tropical regions.
The course covers all the mandatory requirements for the issue of certificates specified in the OPITO common induction standards. The course also covers all the mandatory requirements for the issue of certificates for offshore safety training in Indonesia.
General Course Objectives:
The objectives of the T-BOSIET Training are that delegates will be able to:
- Identify the generic hazards that are specific to offshore oil and gas installations, potential risks associated with those hazards, and how controls are put in place to eliminate or reduce risks.
- Identify key offshore related safety regulations and explain the basic safety management concepts
- Demonstrate, in a simulated environment, that they can use the safety equipment, and follow procedures in preparing for, and during helicopter emergencies – with particular focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching
- Demonstrate sea survival and first aid techniques
Demonstrate that they can effectively use basic fire fighting equipment, and practise self-rescue techniques in low visibility situations, to include smoke filled areas.
- Safety Induction
- Fire Fighting & Self Rescue
- Sea Survival & Lifeboat (TEMPSC) training
- First Aid & Hypothermia
- Helicopter Safety Procedures & Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET)