This course is designed to refresh the skills of those certified personnel designated as lifeboat coxswain on offshore installations.
General Course Objectives:
During the course delegates will refresh their knowledge and demonstrate their competence in all aspects of preparation, launching, maneuvering and retrieval of a totally enclosed lifeboat (TEMPSC).
- Role of the Coxswain
- Maintaining Operational Readiness
- Release Systems
- Preparing the Lifeboat for Launching
- Radio Communication
- Clearing the Installation
- Use of Compass
- Retrieval and Stowage of Lifeboat
- Lifeboat Equipment
- Towing and Pacing Exercises
- Launching into a Hazardous Environment
- Recovery of Man Overboard Exercises
- Passenger Management